Sample Social Media Posts
- Mark your calendars for October 4. It will be a day for everyone to support our campaign at [link to profile page]. #GivingDaySaintFrancisHome
- A little can go a long way when we get together and give together on October 4 for Giving Day Saint Francis Home! Join the movement!
- “I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process.” – Oprah Winfrey. Let’s keep the giving going for Giving Day Saint Francis Home!
- “My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there.” – Jim Henson. What will you give to make the world better? #GivingDaySaintFrancisHome
- Your generosity for Giving Day Saint Francis Home was momentous! Thank you for donating, sharing, engaging, and supporting Saint Francis Home!
- Save the date: Giving Day Saint Francis Home is October 4! You can be part of the celebration by giving Saint Francis Home. Visit GivingDay.SaintFrancisHome.org to find out more.
- The real success of Giving Day Saint Francis Home will not be how much money we raise but the tremendous impact those dollars will have when nonprofits across your community put them to work! Join the giving on October 4 at GivingDay.SaintFrancisHome.org.
- October 4 will be a historic day for everyone in your community to GIVE BIG! You can learn more about Giving Day Saint Francis Home and support our campaign at [link to your profile page]. #GivingDaySaintFrancisHome
- Let’s show everyone that your community is full of generosity! On October 4, help us celebrate Giving Day Saint Francis Home and continue [explanation of mission/work]
- We’re so excited to be a part of Giving Day Saint Francis Home! You can support our campaign by visiting GivingDay.SaintFrancisHome.org and donating on October 4. #GivingDaySaintFrancisHome
- On October 4, you will have the chance to give where your heart is! To support our campaign, go [link to profile page]. #GivingDaySaintFrancisHome
- We have seen firsthand the amazing things that can happen when our community comes together to give back! We are thankful for the support that Saint Francis Home has received during #GivingDaySaintFrancisHome and look forward to sharing our stories of impact.
Looking to get the word out with Facebook? This guide will help you get started and on the road to creating a successful strategy.
Below is a list of ways you can begin engaging your community for Giving Day Saint Francis Home!
Get started by liking the Saint Francis Home page. This will allow you to get updates, important information and tips for Giving Day Saint Francis Home. Also link to other participating organizations from your organization’s page.
In your personal account, tag the page and ask your Facebook friends to check it out. Ask employees and board members to do the same.
Talk it up! Post interesting information about Saint Francis Home and share success stories and photos. Ask your followers questions to engage them in dialogue. Remember to keep posts brief! You don’t want to lose your audience by presenting lengthy updates.
Tell everyone that you are fundraising for Giving Day Saint Francis Home. Be sure to tell people what it is all about by using some of the suggested messaging above. Let them know how they can donate and ask them to spread the word.
Create a Facebook event. Invite your constituents to be part of Giving Day Saint Francis Home so that they can be reminded as the day gets closer AND see who else is participating. Also, tell people to invite others. It doesn’t matter whether or not you are hosting an event onsite; the whole day is worth celebration!
Do not give individual donor shoutouts without the donor’s consent.
Provide a quick thank you message on social media immediately after Day of Giving is over, and follow up with a longer heart-felt message a day or two after.
Do all of the above and repeat...again and again and again.
Want to quickly engage donors and share information about your fundraising efforts? Twitter is instant and efficient! If you’re new to Twitter, they offer a getting started guide for newbies.
Below you will find a few tips to help you have success.
Tell your followers that you are fundraising for Giving Day Saint Francis Home. Let them know about any incentive challenges you are trying to win and how they can help you do so. Use some of the suggested tweets provided.
Use Hashtags. Whenever you share information include the #GivingDaySaintFrancisHome. Show that you are a part of Giving Day Saint Francis Home by using the hashtag in all of your tweets. People who are interested in a particular event, person or business will follow the hashtag to stay up-to-date on any conversations around their topic of interest.
Don’t just follow! Become a part of the conversation. Let people know that you are out there and engaged. Respond to tweets like you are holding a conversation. You never know where this may lead.
Share pictures, videos and interesting content. Twitter is not just about your ‘words’. Pictures and videos draw people in, and sharing interesting articles about what you and others are doing shows that you are part of a community.
Tweet, retweet and tweet again! (Especially on the day of Giving Day Saint Francis Home)
Looking to harness the power of visual communication? Take advantage of the ability to communicate with your potential supporters with impactful images and catchy captions. Never used Instagram? Check out Instagram’s “Getting Started on Instagram” guide to setup your account now!
Here’s your Instagram checklist:
Follow StFrancisHome.RVA on Instagram. Head to www.instagram.com/StFrancisHome.RVA to “Follow” the activity around Giving Day Saint Francis Home.
Connect your Instagram and Facebook accounts. Make sure that your Instagram posts are automatically posted on Facebook. Connecting Facebook and Instagram harnesses the power of both social media platforms at once and allows you to reach a wider audience.
Find powerful images. People-centric, positive images will help you draw in new followers. Focus on sharing images that speak to your organization’s mission and your target audience. Canva.com is a great way to take your own photographs or a stock image to the next level. If you want to include important dates, statistics, or quotes, Canva lets you add text right on top of the image as well as providing you with a suite of photo editing tools.
Socialize! Like your supporters’ posts, and consider re-sharing posts that stand out and speak to your cause. Showcasing the stories and individuals that propel your organization’s mission will help you gain more followers, recognition, and traction in advance of the day. Also take this opportunity to cross-promote by liking and re-sharing other organizations’ posts to boost your visibility in your community.
Use the #GivingDaySaintFrancisHome hashtags, in addition to other creative hashtags. 3-5 hashtags per post is the sweet spot. Start with a branded or specific hashtag--like a tagline or fun phrase. Follow this with the name of your organization, then a broader hashtag tied to your cause (#savinglives, #endinghomelessness, #spreadingthelove). Having a succession of hashtags helps with branding!
Create a regular schedule for posting. We recommend posting at least 2-3 times per week to stay in your supporters feeds! If you integrate your Instagram posts with Facebook, you’ll want to consider how your Instagram posts will fit in with your other scheduled Facebook posts.
Consider making posts that show a chronological history - such as building a playground or rehabbing an animal back to health.
Host an activity. Photo contests are a great way to include your supporters and make your posts more interactive! “Tag a friend” posts, ask your supporters to tag a friend in a post that you’d like to gain more traction in. Offer an incentive to encourage more participation! “Take-Over” Ask a staff member or supporter to take over your Instagram for a week. This allows you to showcase the individuals that make up your unique community, how they embody your mission, and what your organization means to them. “Take-Overs” can help show the impact your organization has on the community!
Have fun! Instagram is a really playful platform, and the perfect opportunity to let the unique personalities, humor and convictions of your organization shine through your photos, captions and hashtags! Instagram is a fantastic opportunity to relate to your supporters, showing them who you are and what you stand for.